Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: Game Reviews Oct 31, 2008, 04:41 PHJF

I agree that SPECIAL is gimped.

Perks every fucking level? WHAT THE FUCK?

A PERK WITH 10 RANKS THAT INCREASES A CHARACTER POINT?!?!?!?

Character development is straight out the window. I have 10 int, agi, and perception. I have a crapload of high ranking skills, all because they cap out at 100 and I get 23 points per lvl. (I have 100 small arms, 100 lockpick, 100 science, 100 repair, 75 medicine).

Like somebody mentioned, you can acquire a laser rifle extremely early and you get a laser pistol in no time. You get the power armor on the SECOND LEG of the MAIN QUEST, even if you cant equip it (Power armor training???). I got a sniper rifle BEFORE I GOT THE HUNTING RIFLE. I have tons of bottlecaps when I have 3 charisma and roughly no bartering skill.

Word of advice: maximize repair as soon as you can. Repairing thru traders is expensive as hell, and when you can repair your items you can consolidate your own loot into smaller, highly-repaired and more expensive items. But the fact that in order to repair an item you must consume an identical item is completely ridiculous. How am I supposed to repair rare items like Fat Man, it's not like I find them lying all over the place??? You should be able to use all those generally-worthless items to repair equipment. Like take scrap metal and beat it with a hammer or something into "components" which can be used to repair equipment.

And this game fails badly as a shooter. It feels like absolutely no improvement over Deus Ex and that was years ago. The weapons don't feel right and the AI is total ass. But anyways, I'm playing on Hard and it's too easy. Granted things like Super Mutant Brutes can take a few headshots before going down, but it doesn't change the fact. The combat shotgun especially is DEVESTATING to non-robotics, as I can generally kill everything with one round of VATS. My chinese assault rifle (which does like 15 more damage than the regular assault rifle for some reason, while the chinese pistol does less damage than the regular) makes mincemeat of scorpions and raiders.

But after the fact, it's still pretty fun. It just needs mods pretty badly, something like "Oblivion Lost".

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo