Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2

Ubisoft announces that Far Cry 2 is now available, offering open world first-person shooter gameplay set in the wilds of Africa: "SAN FRANCISCO – October 21, 2008 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Far Cry 2 has shipped to store shelves for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and PC. Far Cry 2 has an ESRB of 'M' for Mature and will be available at the manufacturer's suggested retail price of $59.99 for Xbox 360 and the PLAYSTATION 3 system and at $49.99 for Windows PC. 'From the beginning, we've set out to create a truly dynamic, open-world experience in Far Cry 2,' said Tony Key, senior vice president of marketing and sales for Ubisoft. 'Our team has focused on pulling players into the realistic African landscape to allow them to fully immerse themselves in the game's riveting conflict. We're confident that we've created not only one of the most remarkable shooters in recent years, but also one of the year's best games.'" On a related note, the African Swim page on the Adult Swim website has more "making of" footage from Ubisoft Montreal's research trip to Africa they are eager for folks to see to ensure the trip is deductable. They also have music clips showcasing the talents of some South African musicians. Finally, owners of ATI accelerators should recall the hotfix released yesterday (story).

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 21, 2008, 18:40 Aero

I see that Edge gave it an 80%. Probably apples/oranges, but 80% to 94% is a significant gap.

Either way, I'm picking it up after work tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it for quite a while, no time to wait for reviews. If it sucks it sucks, whatever. My guess, worst case: mediocre.

The premise sort of reminds me of Boiling Point, except developed by a company that has a clue about what its doing. Probably not so much RPG (stats and stuff), but I never cared for that stuff in an action game anyways.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2008, 18:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo