Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PCGA Slaps LucasArts

VideoGamer.com quotes Intel's Randy Stude, president of the PC Gaming Alliance, criticizing LucasArts over the lack of a PC edition of Star Wars: Force Unleashed, which LucasArts has said was based on the difficulty getting the game to work on lower-end PC systems. The quotes, excerpted from a full interview to be published later this week, call the decision to avoid the PC "uneducated," and Stude also says LucasArts "hasn't made a good PC game in a long time," not that reviews for Force Unleashed are that stellar, either. Here's a bit more: "They're not really creating product within LucasArts themselves. They're going at it job shopping their IP. That may be a little controversial for me to say, but that's what I see. There's no development team necessarily within LucasArts any more, they've basically turned into an intellectual property machine and supporting the PC, why should they? It really doesn't fit their property." Thanks Sepharo and Kotaku.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2008, 15:18 Aero

...reminds me of the SNES Star Wars trilogy. It is an arcade sidescroller gone 3D

Those games were awesome. I owned a Genesis, but I used to rent a SNES system from the video store just to play those games.

Yeah, Lucasarts sucks. No doubt about it. One of the all time great PC developers. Some of their best games weren't even based on Lucas's IP.

Lucasart's fall is probably one of the greatest tragedies in the history of PC gaming. I can only imagine what we'd be seeing these days if they stuck to their original ethos.

Anything negative anybody has to say about Lucasarts, even if it is totally untrue, is entirely justified IMO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo