Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2008, 20:19 CJ_Parker

Yea trading an account is not the same thing as trading games. I'd be trading away 95 games in total.

That's because you are either a dumbfuck with no foresight then or because you never intended to trade games in the first place. Doesn't really matter. You claimed that it is impossible to sell Steam games which is simply a dumbass statement because the opposite is true. It's not my fault that you are wrong and that you suck, dude.

Plus if they found out that it was shared or traded, they could shut down the account.

Yep. Very likely to happen. Just like all those MMO developers and publishers who really care a lot about the secondary market. Oh wait...

This has what to do with the activation and install limit DRM again? Oh yea, nothing. Game is still on the account. What's next? Limited account logins before they expire, just to make sure the account isn't shared? Christ you are an idiot.

The game might be on the account and you might be able to download the game but whether you can play the game is then determined by the activation and install limits since SecuROM becomes active the moment you launch the game's executable. We have two different things here. Your right as a Steam customer to preload/download the game whenever you wish and then on the second layer we got the protected game. If you share or trade your Steam account someone with a different computer and different hardware will have access to the game. This is when SecuROM's limitations begin to matter.

Come on. Are you really that retarded? This isn't rocket science. You are giving me the impression as if you are the other 50% of the people that Riccitiello was referring to when he said that half of the anti-DRM people don't even have a fucking clue what they are fighting against in the first place. It is outright stunning that you couldn't wrap your little brain around this simple concept why SecuROM is on Steam games. I hope I explained it sufficiently now. If not yell and I'll see if I can draw up a retard version in Paint or something in case the letter version is too hard for you to comprehend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo