Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

European WAR Beta Signups Resume Today

The European Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Website has an update on the problematic launch of European open beta testing of Mythic's upcoming MMORPG (story). Word is European WAR server operator G.O.A. has been hard at work on the underlying hardware and software issues, and to prevent registrations from overwhelming their capacity, things will be handled differently when they go back online today: "As a result, we will launch a new code validation page today at 16:00 CET. This new page will feature a delay between the input and the validation of the key. You will now receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of entering your key. On a related topic; if you created a war-europe account yesterday and have a validation email for this, these changes will allow you to follow that link and validate your account."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Patience People Patience Sep 8, 2008, 22:55 Paranoid Jack

I waited almost a year before getting into the beta. I know waiting sucks. Makes it worse when the company providing the servers in Europe bit off way more than they can chew. Just focus on something else pick up Spore. That will get you through at least a couple hours, maybe days...

Funny. Fion, you hate WAR when it's RvR is far better than AoC which you claim to love and advise people to be patient they are fixing it? I know after playing AoC regular button mashing combat isn't preferable but yet I can't help feel that you're exaggerating.

Had you already made up your mind about the game? It takes at least a few hours to level to a point where you won't be one shot killed on the RvR battlefields. So I assume you never even made it to that point? Must have just played a RvR instance and the nearest PQ? I don't know of any PQs that only take two minutes to play through. Which one was that?

If you don't like the way this one plays I have to assume you're burnt out on the standard MMO. Because your passing judgement on a game with only a few hours of play sounds like the so called professional reviewers who only play a few hours and then write a shitty review. Either way... to each his own.

"I have to say it is indeed the buggest open beta I have ever played. It makes AoC's open beta looks flawless. This game is going to be a disaster at release."

Can you give a little detail? Because you are either having server issues, system issues, or you're playing a different game than I've been testing for the last month or more. But again different strokes.

edit: I beta tested AoC also and this has far more polish than it. Not that AoC was bad either. I guess I've been testing games long enough to know that testing is testing. Not the final product. Plus they do a lot of server testing along with play testing which helps them to prepare for the launch. Also if you've played many you should know MMOs are never completely finished. I'm just saying there seems to be a lot of snap judgements and tempers flaring...

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 23:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo