Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I've got a painful tooth and a sore back to contend with, so I'm trying not to overdose on Advil until I get to see Dr. Toothy. This tooth has been the cause of two different dentist switches, as I was unhappy with the original Dr. Toothy's diagnosis that it needed a root canal after he "fixed" it once, and I was unhappy with how his short-time successor "fixed" it without a root canal (as I knew then it wasn't completely right, and I am now proven correct). For the inevitable comments about my dental woes, I'll say it's a combination of bad genetics (both my parents had tooth issues) and bad luck, as I smashed my mouth in a bicycle accident in my youth. Oh well, otherwise I'm generally pretty healthy, so I'll gladly live with this situation compared with the real issues that so many have with their wellbeing.

Painless Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Fill In The Blank - Action Movies. 800. 300 was dumb, but I actually missed Fight Club!
Rocket Car 2.
Links: Video game belt buckles.
5 Cheap Tricks TV Shows Use To Keep You Watching.
Stories: Balls found inside 'rattling' dog. A pound by my estimation.
Third -Ghostbusters- In Development.
Raimi & Maguire Set For Spidey 4 & 5? Thanks nin.
Science: 'Jules Verne' awaits final voyage.
Media: Spoilers. Spoiler warning.
Squirrel Delays Sox-Indian Game -- Several Times.
Follow-ups: Scientists get death threats over Large Hadron Collider.
Pit Bull Rehab- Vick's Dogs Readied for Adoption.
Thousands watch spider 'wake up'. Thanks scuffer.
Cera Not Keen On "Arrested" Film.
Teh Funnies: Pearls Before Swine. Thanks brother19.
Popular comic strip ignites controversy. Thanks nin.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Genetics Play A Major Roll Sep 6, 2008, 17:10 Paranoid Jack

I have great genetics... when it comes to teeth anyway.

My wife is always hoping I'll come out of the dentist office saying that I have a cavity... but I never do. Besides my wisdom teeth being removed in my mid to late teens I can't remember any other troubles since I was about eight years old.

I only brush once a day. Only floss occasionally. And my teeth are clean enough/white enough (besides the dead one, skateboarding accident as a kid) that I don't use any whitener other than special toothpaste.

Wish I was as lucky with my spine.

Hope you get that thing sorted out Blue.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 17:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo