Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gamer's Bill of Rights

As mentioned above, Edge Online has a story on a new "Gamer's Bill of Rights" proposed by Stardock and Gas Powered Games. Hear hear! And here goes:

We the Gamers of the world, in order to ensure a more enjoyable experience, establish equality between players and publishers, and promote the general welfare of our industry hereby call for the following:

1. Gamers shall have the right to return games that don't work with their computers for a full refund.
    2. Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.
    3. Gamers shall have the right to expect meaningful updates after a game's release.
    4. Gamers shall have the right to demand that download managers and updaters not force themselves to run or be forced to load in order to play a game.
    5. Gamers shall have the right to expect that the minimum requirements for a game will mean that the game will adequately play on that computer.
    6. Gamers shall have the right to expect that games won't install hidden drivers or other potentially harmful software without their express consent.
    7. Gamers shall have the right to re-download the latest versions of the games they own at any time.
    8. Gamers shall have the right to not be treated as potential criminals by developers or publishers.
    9. Gamers shall have the right to demand that a single-player game not force them to be connected to the Internet every time they wish to play.
   10. Gamers shall have the right that games which are installed to the hard drive shall not require a CD/DVD to remain in the drive to play.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2008, 12:26 4D-Boxing

Whew. made it. Just sounds like a bunch of complaining to me. You have the FREEDOM to not play any game. Use your wallet and that FREEDOM to show developers you mean business. Publishing a list like this won't get that done.

To bad that approach is just as pointless as the list...
Simply because if sales are bad the publishers will blame it on Pirates. Once they see that the Pirate excuse does not work they'll say PC gaming is dead then everybody will be able to go back to the good old NES days no updates, no CDs or DVDs in the drive no internet access required just a cartridge lol!!!

At least these guys are trying to force feed some common sense in developers...doubt it will work cause the only thing that matter is the bottom line in a capitalist environment. I am not moving to China so I expect plenty of crappy games on all platforms for years to come.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo