Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On WAR Cuts

Rationalizing Removal with Mark Jacobs Part 1 on Ten Ton Hammer talks with the EA Mythic boss about recent announcement that some of the content planned for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning will be cut prior to launch of the MMORPG (story). Mark concludes looking at the bright side of how the reduced number of capitol cities can be seen as a positive:

What weíre thinking about doing is rotating in cities, in and out. In the RvR, so letís say in the content expansion another city pairing comes up. So the old cities get turned off to RvR. Itís not going to be there as a focus for that. Players can focus on whatever the current pairing is, and then we rotate in another pairing. When we rotate the cities out it gives us time to go back and make changes to them. To learn from out mistakes, we can say we thought this scenario was great it isnít, we thought this design was great for the stuff in the city and it wasnít. So we can take it out of production and put a new city in or update the city and put it back in when a new city pairing comes in. So I think for the long term health for this game I think that is critical. I think it is absolutely critical. I am very happy about this decision. I know it is hard for people to believe, but if you just think about it. Especially for the people who played DAOC, think about the issues in that game, or any game, that has RvR or PvP or something similar, getting people to focus on something can be a challenge. This forces them to focus.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2008, 16:56 JohnBirshire

I still say they should've gone with WH 40k instead....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it does in fact seem as if Warhammer 40k is far more popular than Warhammer, so a Warhammer 40k game would make sense. *actually, I think one was announced already anyways, but won't come out for years*

However, it seems historical based MMOs are more popular than futuristic setting MMOs, so it's a wash. They obviously just went with what they thought would bring in the most revenue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo