Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Limbo of the Lost Follow-up

Limbo of the Lost devs respond to plagiarism charges on GameSpot (thanks Mike Martinez and Joystiq) has word from Majestic as the developer of Limbo of the Lost finally responds to allegations that their adventure game contains elements plagiarized from other games as well as Hollywood movies (story). Majestic says they were "shocked and mortified" to learn of these allegations, saying the assets in question came from "sources external to the development team," though arguably once these were incorporated into the game those source were actually part of that development team. Here's their full statement:

In response to the shocking notification that some alleged unauthorized copyrighted materials submitted by sources external to the development team have been found within the PC game Limbo of the Lost, we (the development team) have given our consent and full cooperation to both publishers who are recalling all units from all territories immediately.

Please be assured that we do not condone in anyway the use of unauthorized copyrighted materials and if we had been made aware earlier, we would of course have ceased development of the product and rectified the issue prior to the publication process.

To the best of our knowledge no one at Majestic, [European publisher] G2Games or [North American publisher Tri Synergy, Inc.] knew about this infringement and knowingly played any part in it.

We can only apologise to all regarding this issue, as a team we are shocked and mortified regarding these events and we continue to work with said publishers in order to rectify the issue.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 00:55 CreamyBlood

they knew damn well where the art came from. there is an old post by one of the creators of the game stating HE MADE THE MAPS.

What maps? You mean the static backdrops right? You do realize this is a point and click adventure game I hope.

Edit: Okay, you probably do realize what it's all about. I was just thinking of semantics, to me, MAPS means anything from Dungeon Master's level layouts to Enemy Territories 'MAPS', or like Quake 3's maps.

And of course, linking any exit to an entrance on a new screen is a 'map', even if it is pretty much static.

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 01:09.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo