Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Inspired by the realization that my DirecTV DVRs now offer the ability to stream from my PC, I have finally embarked on digitizing all our CDs, recklessly hurtling us into the 21st century. I'm actually not that upset over having procrastinated about this for all these years, since between advances in software and hardware, I've been able to crank through almost half of our fairly daunting music collection in just a few hours.

R.I.P.: Baskin-Robbins co-founder dies.
R.I.P.: Morgan Sparks, transistor inventor; former Bell Labs researcher and Sandia Labs Director.

Well-Ripped Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Music Bounce.
Chronotron.
Link of the Morning: Grand Theft Auto IV Hits Stores. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Story of the Morning: Penny prices pinched by rising cost of metal.
Science: Did Earth once have multiple moons?
Cod fall may speed 'toxic tide'.
Type of body fat 'boosts health'.
Image: Xbox cupcakes
Media: Doggy Restaurant.
Drunk Falls Off Bridge, Slams Firetruck, Faceplants Ground .

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

20. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 13:22 theSAWzall

I used to love iRiver's players too. I had one of their CD-based players when the HD based players cost too much for me. Then I got their H-120 hard-drive based player. They continue to knock out some beautiful hardware, but really don't focus on getting the features in that would knock the iPod off the throne. Plus they focus on their home market of Korea, so don't really care about the rest of the world.

Right now I make do with a Sansa Express. Way better than the Shuffle and about the same price. It's gumpack sized but comes with a display and SD-card slot also has a USB plug right on it and will do drag & drop and function as a thumbdrive. My biggest problem is it doesn't support proper playlists.

I'm back to a longer commute so might consider something that will hold my whole music collection again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo