Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: anesthesia vs. vodka Apr 18, 2008, 07:11 >U

How is it misleading?
Blue's statement is that a hamster purchase results in a fatality, but that statement is only indirectly true. That's like saying "Bartender kills pedestrian" when in fact it was his drunk-driving patron who ran the pedestrian over. The subject of the story who died was NOT the woman who bought the hamster. It was a man who never even met the damn woman or hamster. He simply received her diseased liver and died from it, not the hamster. How the woman, herself, died, when she bought the hamster, and when it contracted the disease is never explained or detailed. The woman could have simply been carrying the disease that she picked up from the hamster who contracted it months or years after its purchase. The bottom line is this wasn't a case of a man buying a hamster and it killing him, and Blue's statement is somewhat misleading in that regard as I noted below.

And anyone who's been a longtime patron of 3D Gamers got the email that they were gone.
I was as longtime a patron of the site as anyone (I even had a couple of content submissions to it over the years.), and I got no such notice.

We all knew that's what was coming down the pipe when Frans left.
Frans left the site over a year ago, and even then IGN had replacements for him assigned to the site. I see no reason for IGN to have bought the site and then close it down. Companies buy websites to get the audience. Shutting down the site simply drives that audience or at least a good chunk of it away. It's not going to make me frequent FilePlanet. It just going to make me angry and resentful. Plus, IGN already has server networks for its many other sites. Why not simply continue to host 3Dgamers on the same servers as the rest of its sites?

Sad, but the way of things
Not necessarily. It's not as if IGN was bought or went out of business. This is just a stupid business decision which flies in the face of purchasing 3Dgamers in the first place. If users of 3Dgamers had wanted FilePlanet, they would have used it instead.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 07:24.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo