Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 3: Collectors Edition

There's a Fallout 3: Collectors Edition listing on Gamestop.com (thanks No Mutants Allowed) indicating an extra spiffy version of Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG sequel is in the works. The extras they list include a Vault Boy Bobblehead, a hardcover art book, and a Vault-Tech lunchbox.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

48. Re: Play Fallout People! Apr 17, 2008, 16:58 Masa

Or maybe I'm just getting old at 33 I thought everyone pretty much played Fallout...LOL!

I know 19-year-olds who have played it and enjoyed it. Considering the general lack of patience many kids have these days, seeing some who can actually play this game and enjoy it (let alone appreciate its overall value, artistically) is amazing.

Granted I have not played any of the Fallout games before, I understand how they fit into being PC Classics, and would love to have them all in one package.

Fallout's 1-2 were packaged together a number of years ago and sold for $10 at Walmart. As for Tactics...that's a mixed bag; it was worth playing through once, and really just for the story.

I'd love to see a DVD containing all three games, myself.

And they'd have to port those games to the 360 and PS3, which is basically impossible.

No, I don't know where you'd get that silly idea from. The PC CE edition of Quake IV contained Quake 2 as well as it's best expansion packs on the DVD. It's at the publisher's discretion how much they release and for what format (assuming there are no potential legal entanglements with Sony or Microsoft, given the veracity of online releases over Live and such, you never know).

pointless

Heh, welcome to a facet of consumerism.

But if like Jerryk says it's a weapon in the game then fair enough I guess, if it's meant to be display the dark humour that the original Fallout displayed then I guess I don't get it.

Yeah...that's more a Jerykk-esque trait you just encountered than anything you're not actually "getting", as far as humor goes. He's speaking in generalities (you'd think the guy would drop that trait after posting this long) again to merely have something to say than to actually make a point. The weapons in both games weren't that funny, they were highly detailed and utilitarian, but except for a few notable exceptions, the game's arsenal was NOT at the core of the series' dark humor.

I guess if a person's sense of humor was dull enough to think the weapons were *that* funny, then I'd wager a guess to say almost anything would set that person off into hilarious laughter.

I know about that the console maker (MS or sony) is taking a cut, but if piracy was such a huge problem for PC, at least the PC and console prices should be the same!

Which is a shame they're not the same price, honestly; the two being the same price in line with the usually-cheaper PC edition.

The FPS combat and simplified interface dont bother me as long as the humour and atmosphere is done right!

Even it was over-simplified (again, laughing in the face of Jerykk and other naysayers face - "simple" compared to what?), Bethesda stands a better chance at making the game as good as it should be than almost any other developer out there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo