Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So my 'net connection gets choked off late in the day yesterday, similar to a problem I had a couple of weeks ago. As it persisted, I called Verizon tech support again to ask if there was a system problem. After going through a couple of automated menus that asked for redundant information, someone picked up and asked for the same information once again. He then started to work through his checklist that involved me rebooting routers and such, continually ignoring my objections that I was calling to see if there was problem on the Verizon end (besides their phone support). It eventually occurred to me that my questions about this were overloading his English skills, so I made him stop and listen to a careful, simplified version of my question. He then finally checked something, and told me there was indeed a system problem, and that their techs were working on it. Before getting off the line I thanked him, and he reminded me that they were there to help anytime I called. For some reason that didn't reassure me as much I imagine he hoped it would.

Reassuring Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Compulse.
The Roslin Station.
Links of the Morning:
(Book of Lists edition)
Top 10 Fanboy Nightmares.
30 Things That Suck About Call of Duty 4.
The 13 Most Irresponsible Self Defense Gadgets Money Can Buy.
Stories: Congress Honors Martin Luther King Jr. He was assassinated 40 years ago today.
Hero husband rescues wife from crocodile 'death roll' by jumping on its back.
5th-grader finds mistake at Smithsonian. Are you smarter than a scientist?
Science!: Evidence Supports Earlier Date for People in North America. Check the photo credit. Thanks Neutronbeam.
NASA’s future space program faces critical cost, technology challenges. As opposed to the past?
Auction: Abe Lincoln's 'heartfelt' letter sells for record $3.4M.
Image: World of CakeCraft.
Dog caught mid-shake. Thanks Digg.
Media: Meet the Internet Stars Part One and Part Two (South Park).
Crysis Sharks gone MAD !!!. Candygram. Thanks Digg.
Intel Debuts Possibly Worlds Smallest Motherboard.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 12:27 banddirector

They still have this feature: It told me about problems in Ohio and New Jersey

New Jersey, New York; what's the difference ...

<runs and hides>

-----------------------------------
There are 3 kinds of people in the world; those who understand math, and those who don't ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo