Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DX 11 This Year? No

Ray Tracing To Debut In DirectX 11 on Tech ARP is a report that turns out to be an April Fool, as it comes from Malaysia, where it is April 1, Year of the Rat already. Apologies for having perpetuated this techie prank.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: No subject Mar 31, 2008, 19:26 Lorcin

In fact, most of the people I find that bitch about Vista have either never run it. Have piss-poor hardware or have completely bought into the Mac ad's.

Or bought a brand new dell xps - had it blue screen within 5 hours and discovered that it would be 50/50 as to whether WoW would run for more then ten minutes (after 10 minutes it generally would hold together - unless it decided to PSOD).

That is my vista story. Honest. No bullshit. One of the biggest PC manufactures shipped me a PC which was made for gaming which could not run the biggest PC game on the market (which is so graphicly challenging that it is able to run on my grandfathers hamster-in-a-wheel powered antique).

Why did my new XPS fail so badly?

Was it the hardware?

NO - since rebuilding to XP x64 I have had precisely 0 - thats ZERO - blue, purple, red, green, polka-dot crashes. Not one. WoW goes in and stays in every time (although I've quit playing since I bought the machine). Every bloody thing works.

So was it Dells version of Vista?

Ok this I doubt. Yes I'll freely admit it did have some shitty ISP and that crappy M$ (doesn't)Works on it but really it was pretty vanilla.

So given that I personally accuse Vista.

About this time some people are gonna start bitching that Nvidia caused 28.8% of all vista crashes last year and ATI created 9%. But considering the amount of desktop PCs out there with only built in GFX cards (and a fair few of them are nvidia made remember) and the picture looks awfully more like vista has a problem with any GFX card.

I'm becoming pretty convinced that the next Windows recommended specs will include:

A) A braile compatable monitor.
B) A blind opperator.
C) At least 57.6 TB if storage for the OS.

(Oh the machine is 2 months old before you say that was my day 1 teething problems)

PS: Blue you go pwned.
PPS: Derek! your here. But I'm too tired to be bothered. Hmm then again - DSmart posting in a thred which was meant to be about the cutting edge of graphics technology. That actually funnier then the original joke

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 19:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo