Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CrossOver Games for Linux and Mac

CodeWeavers now offers CrossOver Games for Linux and Mac, offering game-oriented Windows compatibility. There's a preview of the program with some benchmarks on Phoronix. This press release has all the details, and here's the gist:

Crossover Games delivers gamers a low-cost tool allowing them to play popular windows games including World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, and many Steam games including Team Fortress 2, Counterstrike Source, Civilization 4, Peggle, and many others on the platform and machine of their choice.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: If this works out Watchout Mar 26, 2008, 18:46 escapedturkey

CX Games has Wine code in it. In fact, Codeweavers are the major contributors to the Wine project. So you purchase this product, you are helping the main Wine developers. One of the many advantages of Crossover Games is that it allows for multiple bottles/installs of drive_c and the installation of software is a lot easier to deal with. Plus it has other nice features such as reboot emulation, etc. The support is second to none. It runs perfect with GTA series and Dawn of War series. It appears to run even faster than regular Wine.
DX 9 is fully supported as well.

I don't work for them or anything. Just a very satisfied Codeweavers customer.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 18:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo