Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: PS3 vs. 360 Feb 15, 2008, 17:41 Krovven

Kimba you may disagree with everything indicating that the PS3 is going to have a banner year...The only thing with that is it goes against what just about everyone else believes, industry analysts, industry media, developers, publishers and fans.

About the only people that I have seen disagree with this are hardcore 360 fans.

From my interactions with other folks in the industry, I have not found Blu-Ray to be a major purchasing decision factor in regards to the PS3

Well you are talking to the wrong people or asking the wrong questions. If someone is looking at the PS3 purely as a game system, no it's not a big factor other than the physical space on the media.

But when it comes to making the move to HD movies, it certainly IS a major factor as it's a great bundle (with the gaming ability), plus you can update the Blu-Ray software easily to 2.0 and beyond. At the present time I wouldn't recommend a stand alone Blu-Ray player that is currently on the market.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo