Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sale

A Steam Sale runs now through the end of the year, offering 10-50% off on every game on Valve's broadband delivery service.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

38. Re: F Steam Dec 27, 2007, 21:42 >U

Which brings us back to the whole copy protection issue. I would have to seek out working cracks that function with online checks anyways, and if the exe is altered I can't play. But I guess you didn't bother to think about that now did you Riley, because you never do bother to think what's on the other side of the coin. Nope, you are just a narrow minded prick.
No, you are the narrow-minded prick because you didn't understand what I wrote. You just now changed the subject because you were wrong. And, you are wrong here too. First, you don't have to use a crack with NFS:MW. Just install it as I said, and then insert your first disc for the check. It will pass even if a file is damaged because the copy-protection signature is not in the section with the data. Second, if you want to use a crack, fine. It won't prevent you from playing that game online.

Most Wanted, I already have clonecd images of them all backed up, but as the install completed it crashed the system and I decided to just goto bed at that point.
You need to get your lies straight. If the game crashed at the end of the install, then disc 1 is not the bad one (which is what you wrote below). Plus, if you do have cloned backups, then simply shut the fuck up and use those.

But as usual you fail to grasp the point of it all.
No, I grasped your point, but it's simply invalid. You, on the other hand, you simply lie as usual until you are caught in the web.

You choose to berate a system that you do not even use
I choose to berate Steam because it is FAR from perfect from useability and reliability standpoints. However, the biggest drawback to it is that it gives Valve complete control over whether or not a user can run the games for which he paid. I don't use it for that very reason. I don't want to see the huge investment I make in games disappear because some company stops supporting my games or decides to disable my ability to play them. Valve's unilateral authority and ability to disable all of a user's Steam games is simply too much of a risk to take especially when there is no significant price advantage to do it versus traditional games on physical media sold at retail.

But then you want to suggest pain in the ass and time consuming steps to attempt to get a broken CD to work
Those steps are quite easy and would take mere minutes to perform unless you are retarded which is far LESS time than what it would take to download the gigabytes of a game from Steam on a typical Internet connection.

the few issues outweight the physical media issues.
They certainly do NOT. When Steam isn't working, ALL of your Steam games don't work. When a physical disc has problems, you simply lose access to that one game at most.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 22:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo