Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT3 Beta Demo This Month

The Epic Games Forums have word from Epic's Mark Rein to expect a beta demo for Unreal Tournament 3 this month, maybe as early as this week (thanks Gamer's Hell). Word is:

Just wanted to give you a heads' up that we're getting pretty close to releasing the Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo for Windows. The Beta Demo will allow instant action play against bots as well as online multiplayer. The purpose of the Beta Demo is to test the game on a large variety of hardware configurations and get gameplay feedback from the community. The development team feels they're pretty close to being ready to release this so it could come out this week but for safety sake I'd say it should be out within two weeks.

We have a few fan sites in tomorrow to play the full game and I'm sure they'll be sharing their comments pretty soon afterward.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: Its Unreal Tony Hawk 3... Oct 9, 2007, 14:51 mOOzilla

Uhh no

T:V was different and that was wrong. A patch would not fix the WRONG CHOICE OF TECHNOLOGY STACK (Unreal Engine). A patch would not fix the wrong frame of mind they had in mind for the game, being DIFFERENT is what IRRANTIONAL wanted to be. Its not however what we wanted. We screamed and screamed at them but did they listen. NO. They paid for that mistake.

We want jetpacks, not SKATEBOARDS.

You know as much as the rest of us that Unreal Tournament servers end up just hosting 3D bedroom maps. Is that how DIFFERENT you want to be? Humping the vehical spawn point hoping to camp in the BIG VEHICLE? Thts all UT is now.

I bet you liked the Jump pads and low gravity maps on Unreal Tournament. There is that extra dimension of freedom of movement jetpacks give. Skate/hover/boards do not give that.

First USEFUL thing to be modded I bet is a jetpack (whoever does this, please also add a cloak pack, deployables etc etc )

Perhaps we should bring back the Toilet Personal Transportation Vehicle.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 15:01.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo