Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Gabe Newell
    Gabe Newell Q&A on ActionTrip talks with the Valve front man on a variety of topics, including Steam, episodic content, development cycles, the source engine, and more. The question about whether Valve would be developing new IPs generated this interesting response: "You know, if you get two Valve people together, they're inventing new games. We're just sort of looking to find out how much we can design. God, I would love to work on a turn-based strategy game, personally. Maybe we'll get around to it, but not a lot of people would agree. But our ambitions have stripped our ability to ship by a couple of orders of packaging. But I'm sure there will be some doing new worlds, doing new game types. Hopefully, the flexibility we get by going for smaller projects will let us be more experimental rather than spending half a decade to come up with a whole project."
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    Joystiq Interviews Obsidian's Nathan Davis about NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer discusses the upcoming expansion for the D&D RPG sequel. They cover subjects like camera controls, system performance, 3D character portraits, pacing, other changes in the add-on, and more.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Morning Q&As Aug 29, 2007, 16:10 Shadowcat

But our ambitions have stripped our ability to ship by a couple of orders of packaging. But I'm sure there will be some doing new worlds, doing new game types.
What the hell? What kind of translator did that get passed through?

"orders of packaging" in particular is fairly surreal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo