Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Company of Heroes Online in China

THQ and Shanda Announce Company of Heroes Online is a press release from last week announcing plans for a 2008 release of an online edition of Relic's World War II RTS game in China (thanks Gamer's Hell). There are no announced plans for a western edition of the game, which will offer a persistent RTS experience and, presumably, an added layer of security in an area where piracy is rampant:

Company of Heroes Online is set to deliver a persistent Company of Heroes experience for online gamers where players will be able to build their character up from private to general through new multiplayer cooperative missions, gameplay modes, and player versus player combat. The teams at Relic Entertainment and Shanda are joining together to create a persistent RTS experience across the expansive battlefields of World War II Europe.

"This new deal is a significant milestone for THQ as it supports two significant growth drivers for the company - building our product offering across Asia and expanding into new digital revenue streams," said Brian Farrell, president and CEO of THQ. "Shanda's leadership position in the online space makes them the ideal partner to serve as both co-developer of Company of Heroes Online and operator of the game across China."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2007, 13:57 MMORPGHoD

I'm still not sure what it is. Is it COH ported to an online only play system with a battlenet wrapper or is it new content? It sounds like it's just a revamp of some COH content designed to maximize profits in a land of CD/DVD duplicators.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo