Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

• Fallout 3
    The Fallout 3 Q&A StrategyCore.co.uk talks with Emil Pagliarulo, lead designer on Bethesda's upcoming Fallout game: "You could. If you were to do that I would compare it to Deus Ex 1, which would have a similar feel. You certainly could. It would be harder. Itís harder to play the game that way tactically. In VATS, we are sort of still playing with that. For example, if you are trying to shoot the antennae off a giant ant, itís really hard to target that in real time. So we might jack the percentage up a little bit to make it a viable option. But you could certainly play the entire game without using VATS. But we've found in the office playing the game that the third person playback (which only happens in VATS) is a lot of fun to watch. When Todd and I first started prototyping VATS, we played other real time games like Call of Duty and Halo. We'd sit there and say 'if I were playing this game and could freeze this moment and go into some kind of targeting system, how would that feel?' Sometimes you want to take a breath and think tactically and not feel rushed. We struggled a long time with the first versions of VATS whether the game should be paused or should we do some slo mo thing. We decided to pause the game and let the player think, be more tactical and not pressure them."
  • Overlord
    RPG Vault's Overlord Q&A talks with Lennart Sas about Triumph Studios' action/RPG: "Overlord should be very interesting to RPG fans because you step into the metal boots the Dark Lord and guide that character to world domination. You actually get to role-play this character, and determine how evil you become. Your choices are tracked using a corruption rating, ranging form 0% to 100% corrupt. Save a village from starvation or keep the food for yourself. Gather a harem of servant girls or let them be. Decide if you steal the souls of peasants so you can spawn more minions. Overlord offers a role-playing experience not seen before in the genre."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Crapout 3 Jul 20, 2007, 23:47 Riker

If you were to do that I would compare it to Deus Ex 1, which would have a similar feel.

That is obvious, Bethesda. But do you realize that we don't want that kind of gameplay?
You'll want to read the actual article to understand the context of the comment; he wasn't saying that Fallout 3 will be comparable to Deus Ex.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo