Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cryptic Adds Comic Writer

Cryptic Studios announces the addition of a veteran comic book writer to help develop Marvel Universe Online, further strengthening the developer's comic bona fides that already included the success of City of Heroes/Villains:

LOS GATOS, CA - JULY 17, 2007 - Cryptic Studios, Inc., a leading independent developer of massively-multiplayer online games, today announced that they have added to their growing talent pool with the hiring of a new Design Writer, John Layman. Layman, a twelve-year veteran of the comic book industry and an accomplished game writer, joined the team in their Los Gatos headquarters on Monday, June 25. He will be lending his expertise to Marvel(TM) Universe Online, the highly-anticipated MMO currently in development for PC and the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

"Having a creator like John on our side really demonstrates to our players -- present and future -- that we strive for authenticity when we bring a universe to life," said Michael Lewis, CEO of Cryptic Studios. "As a company, we are committed to hiring the most creative people in and out of the industry. It's all about delivering high-quality games that stay true to what both gamers and fans of the genre have come to expect from our studio."

Layman's comic credits include written work for several prominent Marvel Comics series, including Gambit, House of M: Fantastic Four, and Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness. He is responsible for several creator-owned titles, including Puffed for Image Comics and Armageddon & Son for Oni Press. Layman also has several notable games to which he has contributed his writing, including Metroid: Hunters for the Nintendo DS(TM) and Marvel Trading Card Game for the PSP(R) (PlayStation(R) Portable) handheld system.

For more information on Cryptic Studios, visit www.crypticstudios.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: MUO vs. COH/V Jul 17, 2007, 21:45 The Half Elf

Fion again your wrong. The developers at Cryptic has 1 way to accomplish things. It wasn't just a 1 person and a Brad McQuaid 'The Vision' sorta thing, it was the whole team. Hell go read the article that was published lately about the Hami Raid encounter.

The problem now with Positron, is that he's a pencil pusher. If they can't do it correctly and take the time to do it, they either A)Half ass add it until people complain and take it out (flight animations) or B) leave it broken in the game and ignore the outcry cause 'the minority only does pvp' for example.
And I won't even go into the recycled crap they added for 'veteran rewards' or the character renaming scheme they did for awhile.

And I don't care what you say at level 2 if your fighting +3 mobs you must be fighting 1 or 2 at a time cause a LT or Boss would kill ya no matter what class ya rolled.

And for your 'Awesome new content' it's all recycled crap they had left over. Statesman Task Force takes you to the Recluse Victory Map in PVP, and they didn't even bother to take out all the pvp stuff. Hell all the stuff from that task force is all COV stuff just with name and level changes.

Rikti War Zone Co-Op zone? It's the Heroes Rikti Crash Site, with a little base added to it.

And to top it all off they keep piling more and more recycled crap with each issue for a system that simply cannot support it networking wise.

All it seems they are concerned with is getting their subscriber numbers up and pretty much to hell with the existing players, and outstanding bug issues.
This comment was edited on Jul 17, 21:52.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo