Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Q&As

• World of Warcraft
    The World of Warcraft Q&A on WarCry talks with Jeffrey Kaplan, lead designer on Blizzards MMORPG: "The more time you spend doing anything, the better you get at it. We've been continually developing World of Warcraft for a number of years now, and over that time we've learned quite a few lessons about how to make a better game. Since the launch of World of Warcraft, we have been able to see our theories in action. Certain elements worked well, others didn't. We realize that we need to constantly strive to evolve as a development team. The content we make today needs to be better than the content we made five years ago."
  • Warhammer Online
    Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Q&A Part 2 on MMORPG.COM is the second part of their gamer's day conversation: "The Tome of Knowledge is one of those things, people think they understand what it is. You don't understand what it is. You have to play the game, it's integrated throughout the entire game. It's where you find out where you need to explore, where you find out the history, where you build your diary, where you collect your journal, where you unlock features, where you gain new skills. It's everything you've always wanted, the reason why you should never have to minimize the window and go to another website." Likewise, Part three of the Q&A with Jeff Hickman and Paul Barnett on WarCry is online.
  • Saga
    The Saga Q&A on GameShark chats with Jason Faller about the MMORTS game: "I suppose Saga is all about delivering a persistent MMO RTS. What MMORPGs did to the RPG, we want to do to the RTS genre. Traditional RTS hasn't changed in fifteen years (since Dune 2, really), and the clear future of RTS is all about more realism and higher stakes. MMORTS means your battles all count towards your empire's progression. Your guild declares and fights in wars that are ongoing. Your troops can really die, and it matters. Your buildings take damage and it matters. The resources you collect, the treasure you find, the upgrades and experience and weapons and armor for your troops all matter, because your empire never goes away. Like an MMO character. It changes the way you play RTS, and it's incredibly fun and addictive. Just think if all your StarCraft battles were part of a real permanent empire you were building online, in competition with thousands of other empires and you'll start to see what Saga's all about."
  • Pirates of the Burning Sea
    The Pirates of the Burning Sea Q&A on Multiplayer Online Games Directory talks with Flying Lab Software’s Russell Williams about their new deal with SOE: "We weren’t looking for a traditional publishing model, where the publisher finances the game and takes ownership and the lion’s share of the profit. We’re a completely independent studio, and we didn’t want to lose that. SOE’s Platform Publishing lets us leverage SOE’s strengths while keeping our independence."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: Canceling WoW account Jul 1, 2007, 02:13 kookaveetsa

Quitters r teh gay

Sorry dude, I don't roll that way, you'll have to find someone else.

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo