Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lord of the Rings Online Content Released, Q&A

Turbine announces that Book 9: Shores of Evendim, the first free update for The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar is now live, offering a new landscape region, over 100 additional quests, the battle for Helegrod raid, nine new monsters, and other enhancements. There is a Q&A on MGOD discussing the new content with Jeffrey Steefel and Adam Mersky: "Well again, one of the other things that is a big goal for us is just adding content. Making sure it is good is cool too, but it needs to feel new and fresh. So everywhere that becomes a new region in the world, it feels unlike other places you've been. So when people walk into Evendim, they are going to walk into an environment where there is a giant lake surrounded by completely different types of trees, and landscapes that you might find around a lake. They are going to see ancient Arnorian architecture, all sort of aggregated together, in a way they've never seen it before. Just the whole backwoods and bramble and the way the ground looks, and the creatures they are going to encounter; there are nine new monsters in the game, and a number of them are in Evendim, and a couple of them have very specific AI created for them for Evendim, where monsters are behaving in ways players have never seen before."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: Update has Jun 14, 2007, 02:50 Zetler

LOTRO is a good, solid MMORPOG but without a true end game there is no point in playing for more than two months. The quest centric nature of the xp grind is also extremely annoying and makes forming groups needlessly difficulty. This update though nice, is just isn't enough to bring me back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo