Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Penumbra Overture

Got Game Entertainment announces that Penumbra Overture is gold, referring to the retail boxed edition of Frictional Games' first-person horror game, since it is already available for online sales (story). Word is the game will be appearing in stores on May 7:

Weston, CT – April 18, 2007 - Got Game Entertainment LLC today announced that “Penumbra: Overture”, its first-person, suspense-adventure game for the PC, has gone gold. Heralded as the first game to successfully combine the mechanics of a first-person shooter with the puzzles and story of an adventure game, “Penumbra: Overture” leads you to a strange metal hatch in the middle of a frozen land. Step into the hatch and step into the shadows of the unknown where only your wits will unravel the mysteries of this cold catacomb. Developed by Frictional Games and published in North America by Got Game Entertainment, in collaboration with Lexicon Entertainment, “Penumbra: Overture” is scheduled for release May 7, 2007 and will make its retail debut at $19.99 (USD). The game is not yet rated by the ESRB.

“Penumbra: Overture” places you in the role of Philip, who, following the death of his mother, receives a letter from a dead man – his father. The letter insists he burn a particular book, but Philip studies it instead. Following clues in the book, he is led to Greenland. Caught in a deadly snow storm, he finds refuge – or so he thinks – in a strange metal hatch in the snow. Here, the game begins, as your adventure comes alive with cutting-edge game technology, allowing for maximum environment interaction, along with intricately detailed graphics, clever, brain-teasing puzzles, and an immersive, spellbinding story.

For more information, visit www.PenumbraOverture.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Hmmm.... Apr 18, 2007, 15:26 MrShoop

I tried the demo, and it clearly is the product of a small team. Great concept, but a little rough around the edges. I think it is worth $20, just don't expect AAA production values.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo