Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Garry's Mod on Steam

Valve announces plans to distribute a commercial version of Garry's mod for the Source engine via the Steam service:

November 27, 2006 - Independent Software developer Garry Newman and Valve today announce an electronic distribution agreement for Garry's MOD, the popular software utility downloaded by hundreds of thousands to create mini-games, many of the most popular movie shorts on web sites such as YouTube.com, and more.

"The new version has been created from scratch so almost everything has been revised and re-invented," said Garry Newman, creator of Garry's MOD. "It has a bunch of new tools to play with (winches, hydraulics and hoverballs), totally new spawn menu and a few new Post Processing effects to play with. The great thing about Steam is that I can update really regularly, really easily - which is something I plan on doing - so expect more tools/gamemodes/stuff to come."

The first commercial release of Garry's MOD will be made available on November 29, 2006. Since a Source-based product is required to run Garry's MOD, Valve will be offering a special bundle of Garry's MOD plus Counter-Strike: Source for just $24.95. For those who already own a Source-based game, Garry's MOD will be sold separately for just $9.95.

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Garry's Mod on Steam Nov 28, 2006, 01:42 sponge

Congrats to Garry for finally having his project released. $10 is a pretty damn good price when you consider all the mini-mods that people make off of GMod; Zombie Survival being my favorite.

#bluesnews on QuakeNet -- idle around it and get it going!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo