Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shiny Sold

Atari, Inc. Completes Its Strategic Divesture (thanks Frans) announces that Shiny Entertainment has been sold as the last stage of the fire sale referred to as their "strategic internal studio divesture." The new owner of Shiny is Foundation 9 Entertainment, though specific terms are not disclosed:

NEW YORK, Oct. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR - News) a leader in interactive entertainment, today announced the completion of the Company's strategic internal studio divesture through the sale of Shiny Entertainment to Foundation 9 Entertainment. The operational streamlining and portfolio refocus was announced by Atari in early 2006.

"The sale of Shiny Entertainment completes the final phase of our strategic restructuring," said David Pierce, President and Chief Executive Officer, Atari, Inc. "We now have a centralized organization that can utilize external studio execution while maintaining internal focus on creative development and production."

Atari will retain its current project planning formerly developed by Shiny, including Earthworm Jim. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed by the parties.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: No subject Oct 2, 2006, 19:39 shinchan0s

Hey! I enjoyed MDK. Then again, I also thought Battle Arena Toshinden was the shit when I was 13. I spent hours repeatedly sniping and nuking the same bad guys as they respawned because I hated platforming.

Does anyone remember Messiah? Did that game ever come out? If it did I sure didn't know about it. That game was hyped beyond belief.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo