Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UT2007 Demo Plans

Epic Games Forums (thanks Beyond Unreal and Voodoo Extreme) offers word from Epic's Steve Polge on plans to release a demo for Unreal Tournament 2007 prior to the retail release of their coming shooter sequel, along with an idea about how many maps will be included in the final product:

We currently have well over 40 maps in development. Some of those may be cut, but you should expect UT 2007 to ship with a comparable number of maps to past UT releases (UT2004, which had two games worth of maps excepted).

We are definitely planning to release a demo long enough before we go gold to be able to incorporate feedback from the demo into our final release.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. UT2007 Demo Plans Aug 29, 2006, 11:18 Hellbinder

We currently have well over 40 maps in development. Some of those may be cut, but you should expect UT 2007 to ship with a comparable number of maps to past UT releases (UT2004, which had two games worth of maps excepted).
Who cares about how many maps they are going to ship ...
Quality > Quantity
Brings to mind an old saying I like to bring up on occasions like this...

It doesn't matter whether you've got a shovel full of shit, or a truck load of shit, In the end you've still just got a pile of shit

We are definitely planning to release a demo
wtf, the whole thing is just a damn demo for the crappy engine... it's the same shit over and over and over again.

Epic employee 1 - hey lets make a new game

Epic employee 2 - yeah, how long you think it'll take?

Epic employee 1 - not long, we'll just add a couple of extra fx

Epic employee 2 - yeah, and to really fool them, we'll just add a couple of different numbers to the end, how about 2007?

Epic employee 1 - Yeah, 2007, great idea, that'll fool 'em, they'll never pick it

You Sir, are a complete idiot.

The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo