Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Half-Life 2: Episode One

Valve announces that Half-Life 2: Episode One is now available via Steam:

Valve Launches First of an Episodic Trilogy

Bellevue, WA, June 1, 2006 - Valve®, developer of the blockbuster series Half-Life® and Counter-Strike™, announced Half-Life® 2: Episode One is now available via Steamgames.com for just $19.95 and at retail outlets around the world.

The first in a trilogy of episodic games, Episode One reveals the aftermath of Half-Life 2 and launches a journey beyond City 17. Episode One does not require Half-Life 2 to play and also includes a first look at Episode Two, which will ship by year's end.

In addition to the new single player experience, two multiplayer games are included. And those who purchase Episode One will have free access via Steam (www.steamgames.com) to Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, the interactive technology demo that introduces High Dynamic Range lighting to the SourceTM Engine, Valve's award-winning game technology.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

206. Re: Erm, what? Jun 11, 2006, 12:15 Celestial Toad

I was under the impression that the majority of gays and lebsians wanted to be left alone and treated like human beings, not feared as people "you don't mess with."

That is what we all want. And I didnt say we should be feared as people you don't mess with? You came up with that. I'm just saying that some of us are armed, and won't tolerate being physically attacked. There have been several gay people killed in the southeastern United States - especially Alabama in the last few yeas. And I not going to let this happen to myself or any of my friends / loved ones, so therefore I am armed.

This doesn't mean I want to shoot someone, or even show a gun. But there was a gay man shot in the head in Montgomery Alabama only 2 years ago. Another was cut with a knife, beaten with an axe handle, and burned to death on a pile of tires about five years ago. In Texas a few years ago, someone broke into the apartment of a gay couple, and shot them both to death with a pump action shotgun.

If you are heterosexual, then you cannot know how much hatred exists towards gay people unless you have personally experienced it. Seeing it happening to someone else is not the same. I have worked with people who talk about wanting to hunt down and kill homosexuals. I've been an activist, and tried the diplomatic "understanding" approach. It doesn't work with some people. They still want to hurt or kill you if they know who and where you are. Not all anti-gay people are violent, most are not. But you can't reason with people who want to break into the homes of gay people, shoot them with shotguns, or burn them to death.

And I also didn't say anything about showing or drawing a gun on someone who was harassing me did I? Again you make things up.

Some of us carry one, and you never know who it is. I would only draw if someone pulled a knife, gun, other weapon, and directly attacked me or someone I am with. And even after drawing I would not fire unless I had no choice. And even when I fired, I would shoot to stop or disable and not kill, unless I had no choice.

The comment about us all carrying Glocks was a JOKE.

J.O.K.E.

JOKE.

joke ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)

noun

1.Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

2.A mischievous trick; a prank.

3.An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
Informal.

4.Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

5.An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 12:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo