Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Uru Lives

GameTap announces that later this year they will revive Uru Live, the online Myst world created by Cyan that ceased operation over two years ago (story). Word is:

LOS ANGELES – E3 – (May 9, 2006) – “Uru Live” lives! GameTap, the broadband entertainment network from Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS, Inc.), is reviving the online foray of “Myst,” one of the most popular adventure series ever created. As part of GameTap’s bold new initiative, the “Uru Live” game and community will be available to GameTap subscribers later this year as part of their monthly subscription.

“Uru Live” is the online multiplayer version of “Uru: Ages Beyond Myst,” which was developed by Cyan Worlds. Extensively beta-tested in 2003, “Uru Live” spawned an avid community of players, many of whom have kept unofficial sites up and running ever since. With the advent of broadband gaming, there is a whole new medium and a ready audience for this revered title. Unlike its predecessors, the new worlds of “Uru Live” are dynamic and alive, making use of real-time 3D rather than still images to bring players together online to explore incredible new worlds. To keep “Uru Live” even more fresh and challenging, GameTap and Cyan will update the game with new episodic content on a regular basis.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 08:40 Crunch

That's one of the many questions they'll need to answer soon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo