Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads

A new Steam Update announces that Half-Life 2: Episode One will begin preloading over Steam next week, reminds us that SiN Episode 1: Emergence is gold, mentions the Red Orchestra SDK that is detailed in the story that follows this one, and pimps some swag. Here's most of it:

Congratulations to Ritual! SiN Episode 1: Emergence has officially gone GOLD. The game is now available for preloading on Steam. The full game will be unlocked on May 10th at 10am Pacific Daylight Time (17:00 GMT).

Half-Life 2: Episode One will begin preloding next week, and will be available to play June 1st. With Episode One, we really feel like we've produced our best single player game to date, and we're excited for people to be able to play it.

Meanwhile, the Red Orchestra team continues to turn out updates, the latest of which is the beta SDK for their game. If you own RO and would like to try it out, click on the "Tools" tab inside Steam.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

74. Re: No subject Apr 30, 2006, 15:21 Riley Pizt

So tell me how you would run Steam. I'd like to hear this.
If you actually read my posts it would be blatantly obvious. Simply don't do the specific things I am complaining about such as make games purchased via Steam unlockable the moment they finish downloading, don't require games to be updated when launched, don't require login information to be saved for offline mode to work, make offline mode a user selectable option not just a worst case scenario choice which Steam makes only if the Steam network can't be reached at all, don't charge users to give or sell a purchased Steam game to someone else, don't require Steam to run the SDK's/development tools for Steam games, etc.

It's not as if these customer-friendly changes and many others couldn't be made. Of course they could. The problem is Valve runs Steam for its maximum profit and control first and users' concerns and needs take a distance second priority because it knows its games are popular enough that it can get away with it.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 15:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo