Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam News

A new Steam Update (thanks Frans) has a status report on SiN Episodes, Half-Life 2: Episode One, and the beta Steam buddy system:

Preloading of Ritual's Sin Episode 1: Emergence continues, with thousands of gamers waiting patiently for May 10th to come around so they can start playing. It will be worth the wait, but until then we have a couple of screenshots from the game to share. Preload the game and be ready to play with everyone else when the game comes out.

Here at Valve, we've finalized the commentary tracks we'll be releasing along with Half-Life 2: Episode One. When you start up a new game you'll have the option to play with commentary enabled, which means there will be usable nodes in the world for you to learn about what went into building the game. Looks like we'll end up with over 100 total nodes and about one hour of total spoken commentary. The community response to the commentary system in Lost Coast drove a lot of our thinking while creating it, so we hope everyone enjoys it when they are playing Episode One.

Most people have also probably noticed that the Friends system is currently quite functional in Steam, but still in beta. You can try out the beta now; your list of friends will still be there after the beta period has ended.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Steam News Apr 22, 2006, 06:51 vacs

Wow, the latest 2 screenshots look exactly like the graphics in HL2, I'm pretty sure Ritual used the exact same water shader as Valve used in HL2 for the water ripples effect.

Sin Episode 1 looks like a commercial HL2 MOD and not like a stand-alone, new game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo