Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Spaceships Ahoy - Space Rangers 2

Cinemaware Marquee announces that Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators is now shipping to stores in North America:

LANGHORNE, PA – March 27, 2006 – Cinemaware Marquee, an affiliated label of eGames, Inc. (OTCBB:EGAM), today announced its first title, Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators is now shipping for PC. Already a smash hit overseas, this intergalactic, genre-busting masterpiece promises uncompromised gameplay and a depth that’s rarely seen in games.

Developed by Russian studio Elemental Games and produced by 1C Company, Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators is the unexpected critical success of the year. Computer Games Magazine has described the game as “a classic”, scoring it at 4 1/2 out of 5 stars and giving it a coveted "Editor's Choice" award. Previews in the gaming press, based on extensive hands on time with the game, have been universally positive.

“I can’t wait for gamers to get their hands on Space Rangers 2,” said Lars Batista, Vice President of Product Development for eGames. “Elemental Games has delivered a masterpiece, and I’m proud that this game is going to be Cinemaware Marquee’s flagship title. This one is going to blow people away.”

Space Rangers 2 is not easily classifiable. It can be best described as a turn-based RPG giving gamers an unprecedented level of freedom in a vast universe. Combining various genres and styles of gameplay, including third and first person mech battles, RTS elements, classic text adventures, and an arcade style shooter, the game allows the player to determine their own destiny. There are an unlimited number of outcomes to Space Rangers 2 – each player will get a different experience in the face of evil intentions from a sinister race of robots.

“We have always had a bold vision for Space Rangers 2,” said Dmitriy Gusarov, Head of Development at Elemental Games. “Cinemaware Marquee was able to give us the opportunity to launch the North American version of the game, which has a level of polish and groundbreaking gameplay we have always dreamed about.”

Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators is available now at retail for $29.99. As an added value, the package will include a bonus poster and the original version of the Space Rangers game.

For the latest updates and info on the game, please visit www.spacerangers2.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2006, 21:49 Orogogus

That FAQ was written before the US version was done, so I don't think it addresses the Starforce question at all. The other link only mentions that the poster heard there was Starforce in the US version. I don't see any firsthand confirmation yet.

The glop.org and similarities.org Starforce links are kind of crap, in my opinion, because they either don't address regions in the former case, or do it badly in the latter.

Anyways, on a side note, this is a really excellent Starflight kind of game, except for the real time strategy portion, which is crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo