EA UK announces details about Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (though it looks like the
minimum and preferred processor specs are reversed). Here's word:
Half-Life has been named Game of the Year by over 35 organizations worldwide.
Half-Life 2: Aftermath is an all-new episode created by Valve that extends the
Half-Life 2 single player adventure.
The player reprises his role of Dr. Gordon Freeman, who must immediately face
the repercussions of his actions in City 17 and the Citadel. Freeman reconnects
with Alyx Vance and her robot, Dog, as they continue their support of the
resistance's battle against the Combine forces.
The intense, real-time gameplay delivered in Half-Life 2: Aftermath is made
possible only by Source, Valve's proprietary engine technology which has been
enhanced with new rendering technology and advanced artificial intelligence to
deliver new levels of graphics and character interaction.
Key Selling Points
- A new episode for one of the best-selling action games of all time.
- Reveals new secrets
- Franchise of over 18 million units sold worldwide
- Incredibly advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Highly detailed environments provide amazing gameplay settings
- Digital Actors: The most sophisticated in-game characters ever witnessed
- Physical Gameplay: Objects obey the laws of gravity, friction and buoyancy.
- Intense story line will appeal to those seeking more than another shooting
2.4 GHz Processor
DirectX 7 level graphics card
1.2 GHz Processor
512 MB RAM
DirectX 9 level graphics card