Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MS ♥s PC Gaming

Moore Pledges PC Games Renaissance on Next Generation (thanks Firingsquad and Ant) relates some of what was discussed at Peter Moore's session today at the DICE Summit, with Microsoft taking responsibility for allowing the PC games market to decline. He goes on to say they are poised to reverse that trend based on a reorganization, and an optimistic view of how Windows Vista will help:

He said that Microsoft's recent reorganization would help the company "focus on the games business as a standalone business."

"Previously, we operated under separate units," he said. "Everything is now being brought together to build truly cohesive, integrated marketing."

"The future is about PC games and Vista is at the vanguard of that."

He said that Vista would drive PC upgrades which would help game sales, and gave an impressive demonstration of how Vista improves the gaming experience through better file organization.

Moore once again put the pressure on his own company to push game sales. "We have seen years of decline in PC games retail sales. As a platform holder, we need to drive sales."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Huh? Feb 10, 2006, 20:01 Orogogus

I think it would be nice if installing games to the hard drive was the same as on modded Xbox and (I hear) Macs. Namely, you just drag the folder over to where you want the files to go, and generate the shortcuts. No install menus, no registry machinations and for the love of Mike no messing around with DLLs in Windows folders. For casual gamers, it wouldn't hurt to let games run from the CD/DVD drive (especially if it gets companies to start releasing games on DVDs).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo