Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Announced

EA and Crytek Announce Development of Crysis has the official announcement of the next project from Crysis, a first-person shooter due in 2007:

CHERTSEY, UK - January 30, 2006 - Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company and award-winning developer Crytek, today announced they will bring Crysis, an exciting new first person shooter, to gamers worldwide. Developed by Crytek, the makers of the award-winning Far CryTM, Crysis will be an original first person shooter game for PC based on new intellectual property.

"Our focus has always been on innovating gameplay and technology, and bringing new experiences to gamers through our original intellectual properties," says Cevat Yerli, CEO & President of Crytek. "Crysis will be a showcase for that commitment and will offer gamers from all over the world the next step in FPS gaming."

Shooter fans will face a new kind of gameplay challenge requiring adaptive tactics and customisation of weapons and armour in dynamic, hostile environments as mankind struggles to survive in the face of a horrific alien invasion.

Crysis will bring together the creative and technical talent of Crytek with the publishing expertise and unrivalled reach of Electronic Arts. Crysis is to be published by EA following the worldwide relationship announcement between the two companies and is being developed using the leading-edge technology of Crytek's proprietary engine CryENGINETM 2.

"We are delighted to reach the next level in our relationship with Crytek," says Tom Frisina, Vice-President and General Manager for EA Partners. "Nurturing creative talent and bringing original intellectual property to the world of interactive entertainment is a key focus for EA and EA Partners. Crysis will bring an entirely new FPS experience to gamers everywhere."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Crysis Announced Jan 30, 2006, 11:34 d@rK 93n6u1N

WOW! "Crysis", like "Crisis", only misspelled by not-so-clever Marketeers in a pathetic attempt to denote its teenage target market. I wonder why not "Far Crysis"?

I hope this isn't indicative of the overall level of creativity and innovation one can expect from those fine folks who brought us Far Cry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo