Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We've had several brief intermittent power outages overnight... a warm snap has melted off a load of snow overnight, so I imagine this is related. These things freak out Hudson the wonder dog, who spent most of the evening crying at our bedroom door. The reason she was out there is she's in the doghouse, so to speak, since MrsBlue found her scratching up our bedframe as she tried to rescue her favorite toy from underneath. We didn't realize the outages were the cause of her pestering us, and the poor thing got scolded several times on top of her already neurotic state. Hudson is usually such a good girl, but MrsBlue is really mad about the bed thing, so there's no telling how long it will be before this all blows over.

Doghouse Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Tobby Room1048.
Links: Beggar the Robot. Thanks Brian.
USARPS League.
Stories: Trio allegedly rob cabbie, hail him again. Thanks Devicer.
Canada, Mexico travel rule dropped.
Hamster, snake best friends at Tokyo zoo.
Science: Aspirin protects men's hearts and women's brains.
If Irish Claim Nobility, Science May Approve (registration required).
Auction: Lennon original lyrics for sale.
Follow-ups: Face Transplant Recipient Takes Outings and Blends in, Doctors Say (registration required).
Couple in Wendy's Case to Be Sentenced.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: Revenge of Wendy's Jan 18, 2006, 15:38 Warhawk

I have no problem with the sentence, I just wish other sentences were increased as well. From AP:

The Dublin, Ohio-based fast food chain claimed it lost $2.5 million in sales because of the bad publicity and dozens of workers at the company's Northern California franchises were laid off.

The sentencing followed a 90-minute hearing in which several Wendy's employees testified, including the man who made the chili and the cashier who helped Ayala on the day she made the claim.

"I felt so bad for the fear of what people would think of me," said Hector Pineda, who made the chili and initially came under suspicion. "We are the ones that have suffered."

In April, Ayala was arrested at her suburban Las Vegas home for filing a false claim against the restaurant chain. Investigators found a pattern of legal claims she brought against businesses in her name or for her children.

I think that deserves more than a slap on the wrist, don't you? The "working poor" you profess to care so much about lost their jobs because of her / them and it apparently means very little to you.

I think her pattern of behavior was probably considered as well during sentencing. She's been doing this type of thing for years. I guess because she isn't rich, it isn't really blackmail to you?

Edit: This is in response to Halsy's comment - nin beat me to it.

*** Warhawk ***

Your repeated violation of the Verbal Morality Statute has caused me to notify the San Angeles Police Department. Please remain where you are for your reprimand.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 15:39.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo