Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quakemas Quake 4 Map Pack

A new "Quakemas" (wait until Bill O'Reilly hears this one!) map pack is now available for Quake 4, Raven Software's recently released installment in the science fiction shooter series. 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, Computer Games, FileFront, Gameguru Mania, GameSpot (registration required), PlanetQuake4.net, VGPro, and Worthplaying. Word is:

Mesquite, TX – December 20, 2005 – Shaking up the holiday season with a trio of aftershocks, id Software™, Raven Software and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) have released the Quakemas Map Pack - three new downloadable maps for QUAKE 4™ on the PC. The maps—Railed, Tremors, and Campground Redux—offer all-new gameplay environments for more fast-paced, intense multiplayer combat. These latest maps are now available for free download at www.idsoftware.com.

Railed – Set in an abandoned, rusting Strogg facility, the environment in Railed produces fast paced frenetic tournament action. This new map is all about close-quarters combat and hair-trigger reflexes as players hustle through the winding, multi-tiered corridors. Designed particularly for tournament play, Railed also supports Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch game modes, and is guaranteed to provide some thrilling fast-action gameplay.

Tremors – Built within a twisting underground cavern and peppered throughout with pipes, bridges, and catwalks, Tremors demands tactical expertise. Enemies attack from above and below in the enormous, multi-tiered environment, making team-play invaluable. Tremors is perfect for huge Capture-The-Flag games, and also supports the Arena Capture-The-Flag gameplay mode.

Campgrounds Redux – With QUAKE 4’s updated technology, Campgrounds Redux now has a fresh look and feel, revitalizing this QUAKE III classic. Excellent for any number of players, this updated version supports Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Tournament modes, where hard-core QUAKE fans can get crazy with this throw-back to one of their old favorites.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: GOLLY GEE !!! Dec 21, 2005, 07:34 sc4r4b

I would assume anyone that has played through FEAR would know for themselves. If all you've played is the demo I could understand how it wouldn't seem that great, the encounters in the demo are short, easy and not that interesting tactically.

True... true. I have only played the single player demo. And the multiplayer demo locked up my machine when I'd click the .exe so I have not tried it... The instability of the game, the environments, and the lack of nothing really innovative or new being offered has kept me from making the purchase.

I'm a big fan of Monolith and I've played almost all of their games. But I can't help but feel that, like Contract JACK, FEAR is a step backwards (when compared to NOLF and TRON) because FEAR is a pure shooter.

That said, the reviews and the internet buzz for FEAR have been great. So I've been keeping an eye on the title for a possible buy after Christmas.

I digress...

Anyway, I was really hoping you were referring to the multiplayer combat being better than the rest... I suppose the "weapon feel" can apply to the multiplayer aspect, but I really don't see how the weapons can feel better than Quake or Half-Life. The railgun and crossbow are so satisfying for me to kill with. Of course, this is a matter of opinion.

Still, I am intrigued by your post... what's your opinion of FEAR multiplayer, and how often do you play it?

I'm so bored with BF2 and it's lousy fucking weapons.

I don't play video games... I play murder simulators.
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=43526450

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo