Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

As noted on Planet rome.ro (thanks Frans), yesterday was the 15th(!) anniversary of the release of Commander Keen (and today is the 14th anniversary of the release of the second Keen game). The Romero describes how it was all of one month after the release of Commander Keen that their first royalty checks arrived, leading to his leaving SoftDisk along with John Carmack, Tom Hall, and Adrian Carmack to form id software. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Keen Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Stick Arena.
Link: Cute Overload.
Science: Mona Lisa 'happy', computer finds.
Engineers fix Mars rover's robotic arm.
Science Meets Style In This Cathode Tube Watch.
Images: Kung Fu F@#$ You. Adult language and more bird flipping than an avian gymnastics meet.
Teh Funny: Dr. Fun.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2005, 12:45 Pedle Zelnip

Someone mentioned it...the election stuff.

Still not quite sure what you're referring to, you mean the "we will say what we want"? If that's the case, then I don't see what your issue is, as an American I would think you value free speech. Flip the issue around, imagine if during the Kerry/Bush campaign Martin (or better yet Jacques Chirac) had said to either US candidate "don't bad mouth us in your campaign", wouldn't you react with something to the effect of "you can't tell us what to say and not say, we'll say what we want"?

If it's the global warming thing, well, I think our PM's criticisms could've been articulated a bit more diplomatically, but they certainly didn't fall far from the truth as far as I can see (US is one of the few nations really trying to hold up Kyoto, etc). At any rate I don't think the criticisms at the global warming conference will win him any votes.

Don't you guys keep up on current events?
*cue Warhawk and his CNN and FOXNEWS links*

Uhm, if you're watching CNN & FOXNEWS for Canadian news, you're definitely not going to get an accurate picture of Canadian politics (just a wee bit of an American bias from those news providers).

PZ
------------
Reading: J.D. Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye"

PZ
------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo