Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. Patch

The promised first patch for F.E.A.R. is now available, updating Monolith's first-person shooter to version 1.01. The update addresses some bugs and optimizes performance in the game, which should be appearing in stores today. The patch is available on 3D Gamers, Filecloud, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot, VGPro, and Worthplaying.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

63. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 21:10 MeatForce

[YOINK!]

I loved the action too. I've always been a fan of Kung Fu myself, this was the first time I had seen so much Muay Thai. I was really amazed by it. Seems to be mostly power hits (in the movie anyway), and I love all the double hits like knee/elbow combos. Was weird to see all the elbows blasted to the top of heads. I bet that would ring your bell, and compress your spine pretty good. Very fun to watch.

Yeah, same here -- just blown away by what I was seeing. I was talking to the Little Old Man who ran my guesthouse about it, and it turned out he used to compete when he was younger. He said exactly what you noticed; tons of mangling people with your elbows and knees in creative ways

He said the elbow is the hardest bone in your body (probably followed closely by the knee), and the idea is to visualize yourself striking a point just behind your target's head so that when you connect, you do so with as much force as you can mustre..

I don't know if you've seen any making-of footage, but even in the film at times you can see some of the stunt players brace themselves for the impact.. really nasty stuff!

I must say though, I can't stand the majority of the acting. A lot of it is laughable, but it has it's moments of goodness. The action more than makes up for it. All in all, it's a keeper. I bought it.

Yeah, the guy in the sunglasses is too funny! Gotta admit, I have a soft spot for ol' George though. Supposedly he's the Eddie Murphy of Thailand, if you can imagine..

I hope Tony Jaa does some more flicks. He kicks ass. Fans of martial arts films should pick it up. I've taken it out like 6 times already to showcase the fight scenes for people.

Oh hell yeah! I'm sure he will. The film was HUGE in Asia, and got him noticed here as well, AFAIK. He's just a crazy beast, that guy. He had a freaking fractured ankle for a large part of the filming, but did it stop him from running on people's heads? Nooooo!

Started as a stunt player, and the director was so floored by him that he developed Ong Bak literally as a vehicle for showcasing such amazing talent, so I'm sure we'll see more of him.

Luckily for us, they'll be bound by some insane code to out-do themselves on his next pic too!

What's on the DVD? Does it have subs at least?

I've got a crappy VCD I picked up in Phnom Penh of all places.. this was hilarious in itself because even though you could buy it in lots of the shops, the lady who sold it to me acted as though it was contraband since a few weeks earlier a mob had set fire to the Thai embassy there and they had closed up the border.. The real gold though is that the subs are in Khmer! Not bad for crazy Thai propaganda that was still playing in the theatres of the enemy

OH.. and I love the guy with the furry hat that fights Ting in the bar. He was fast, and had a great attitude. I wonder if he is any good.

Hehhehee! Poor little guy!

The entire end sequence in the caves is just psycho, but I think my favourite move in the whole film (just for pure silly) is when Ting sets his legs on fire, and then clears a pickup truck en route to cracking that guy's motorcycle helmet in half with his firey knee of death That just had to be unpleasant!

[/YOINK!]

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 21:13.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo