Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter Cell 4

Ubisoft announces the next installment in the adventures of stealthy Sam Fisher is in development under the working title Splinter Cell 4. A teaser Splinter Cell 4 Website is online, where registration is being accepted for future updates on the project. Here's the announcement:

Revolutionary New Installment from the Blockbuster Stealth Action Franchise Coming Spring 2006

Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS – October 4, 2005 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announces Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 (working title), the next masterpiece in the Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® series. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 will be available in Spring 2006 for current and next generation consoles as well as for PC.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 will thrust players into a new breed of game play that promises to innovate and revolutionize the Splinter Cell® franchise. Ubisoft is taking the saga of Sam Fisher into entirely new territory, expanding the story and depth of his character.

Games in the Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® series have garnered some of the industry’s most prestigious awards and outstanding reviews, including Best Action/Adventure Game of the Year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in 2002 and 2004, The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science’s Action/Adventure Game of the Year Award, (Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow™) and the highest review score ever from Official Xbox Magazine (U.S.) for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™, a 9.9 out of 10.

“Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™ received record-setting reviews and countless awards,” said Yves Guillemot, president and CEO of Ubisoft. “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 will be even more thrilling and heart-pounding than its ground-breaking predecessors. This new version will both enrich the gaming experience on current consoles and take full advantage of the capacities of next-generation consoles to deliver players the most fabulous gaming experience ever.”

The Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® video game franchise has sold more than 12.5 million copies worldwide since the first game launched in 2002.

For more information about Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® 4 please visit www.bewaresamfisher.com. For more information about Ubisoft, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: Oct 4, 2005, 19:32 Masa

Don't forget if there's "Tom Clancy" in the title, chances are Tom has given them a story line he's written. Now I wouldn't put it past Tom to write something to do with Sam going renegade, or him finding out about a huge conspiracy within the NSA, but then again i don't know how tight a leash he's on.

Clancy's story's usually aren't that deep. I mean, he's good at writing about a macro level war going on, and the characters, but I remember the last Jack Ryan book he wrote. That was damn good writing, but so different from what he did before, it was as if he had a hard time developing characters who weren't trotting the globe.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo