Cenega announces that UFO: Aftershock is gold, and that the counter-UFO strategy
sequel is due in stores on October 21:
UFO: Aftershock is one of the
major strategy and tactical game releases this year. Now, after almost two years
of development of this unique game by ALTAR Interactive, we are proud to
announce that UFO: Aftershock has reached the Gold Master stage today, 3rd
October 2005, with the press getting their hands on the Gold Master review
version the same day. The game will officially release on Friday 21st October,
UFO: Aftershock follows directly from one of the endings of the first title,
where the player agrees to hand over the Earth to the Alien scientists, who are
trying to change the planet into a giant living organism. The Council of Earth
and their followers take refuge on an orbiting satellite prepared for them by
the aliens, but not all the survivors of the original invasion were relocated.
The game starts many years later in their orbital home, with no sign of the
aliens and a failing life support system – the player must find out what
happened to the Earth and to those who were left behind on its surface,
preparing for all manner of surprises along the way.
UFO: Aftershock is a mixture of squad based tactical action and global strategy.
The player controls the actions of elite ground troops, alongside the running
and construction of an intricate network of interlinking bases from which to
operate and expand the tactical maneuvers needed to succeed.
• Global strategy intertwined with tactical missions
• Strategic resource and base management
• Advanced tactical SAS (Simultaneous Action System) and RPG
• Encounters occur inside and outside structures, with a
broad range of terrains and multi-level buildings
• Amazing technologies and items to be researched and
• All-new system of leveling up and training your troops
• Fearsome new enemies and powerful allies
• Diplomacy – an important strategic element
• Strong storyline
• Destroyable environment