Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Elder Scroll IV
    Gamecloud's Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Q&A talks with Pete Hines of Bethesda Softworks about the next installment in the Elder Scrolls series of RPGs: "We did three whole new combat systems before settling on the one that’s in the game now. We really are striving to get the feeling of guys bashing each other with swords. So it plays better and it looks better. You’re in control of it more and you understand what’s going on in the game. There’s no hidden “to hit” rolls that cause you to miss when your sword clearly hits the guy. The stats control the damage you do when you hit, not whether or not you hit. There are special moves you can perform and the blocking is active. So the timing of it becomes a key strategy in fighting."
  • Nice Tech
    Gamecloud's Nice Tech Q&A talks with Doug Littlejohns and Paul Baker about their new company Nice Tech and its MMOG technology: "Publishers are still wary about the challenges, costs and risks of developing MMOGs. Nice Tech's technology will provide a solution to these problems. The technology (see below) changes the design process - designers and producers can test content and gameplay in a live environment from the start of the product development process. In addition, the player will not be restricted to follow developer code scripts. The result will be innovative and truly interactive content that will ultimately rival reality itself."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 14:47 SquirrelZero

Older Might & Magics and all Wizardries (especially 6 and up), Ultima Underworld, and the Elder Scrolls games proved to me that first-person RPG's can work very well if done right. In terms of immersiveness I prefer the first-person, but that's really just a personal taste. I'd have to say the combat in Wizardry 8 though was near perfection, and even goes to great lengths to save itself from tedium later in the game when they introduce instant death spells.

I had no idea they were working on a new system for Oblivion. I'm in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo