Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam News - HL DM Planned, DoD Source Nears

This Steam Update recaps the release of Half-Life: Blue Shift via Steam earlier this week, mentioning that a follow-up release is planned over the next week or so to provide the high definition player and weapon models that accompanied the original version of the Half-Life expansion. They also offer a screenshot of an "Angry Axis Officer" (apparently pissed that someone replaced his weapon with an entrenching tool) from the upcoming release of Day of Defeat: Source, for which there is no firm release date, just a voluntary neck in this noose: "It's difficult for us to pin the exact date down right now, but rest assured it's not far off." Meanwhile 1UP reports they've gotten word from Valve on plans to release Half-Life (1) Deathmatch via Steam as well. They say the game's graphics will not be improved much for this release, though "the lighting will look superior thanks to the addition of some HDR effects, including blooming." This is a little confusing in light of the plans to introduce HDR in the high-end Lost Coast map, but presumably this will all be cleared up along the way. The story includes a list of 11 maps to be offered, and claims they'll have further details on all this soon. Here's the map list:

Boot Camp
    Bounce
    Crossfire
    Datacore
    Frenzy
    Lambda Bunker
    Rapidcore
    Snarkpit
    Stalkyard
    Subtransit
    Undertow

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

47. Re: Good lord Aug 28, 2005, 07:26 Da-Fly

Just want to say I for one have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. I don't know why I started reading it as I've got no interest in HLDM, but I'm very glad I stopped by.
I feel like I should pick on someone just to join in. People don't put their system specs in their sigs anymore so I can't have a simpe old fashioned stab at their e-cock.
Prez was the last to post. Prez is gay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo