Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Cost of Hot Coffee

Hot Coffee burns Take 2 on MCV reflects on the financial impact on Take 2 of the lewd GTA: San Andreas content unlocked via the Hot Coffee mod for the game. Arguing against the saying that there's no such thing as bad publicity, the story states the game's rating change may cause the publisher's revenues to slip to barely over the $1.25 Billion (yeah, with a "B") mark for the year:

The Hot Coffee debacle could cost Take 2 Interactive around $40m in revenues and up to $28m in net income.

The company has been forced to lower its Q3 and full year forecasts after admitting responsibility for the ‘hidden’ sex mini-game in GTA: San Andreas and the subsequent change of the ESRB rating to Adults Only.

As a result, Take 2 is lowering its Q3 fiscal guidance for revenues from a $205-215m to $160-170m. In addition, the publisher’s full year revenues are now expected to be $1.26-1.31 billion, down from $1.30-1.35 billion.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Way to much Jul 22, 2005, 18:27 LV_Hunter

All of this is taken way to far. Anyone try it? Its fun for like 2 minute. Then its just boring. Rather get back onto the streets mowing balas down. Who in the world is gonna sit there and do it all day long for fun? Hell, even the body models arent even fully complete.

To me, its just a political grab bag to get your name known.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo