Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Getting Down on Getting Up?

Game's Rating Change May Signal Crackdown is a story speculating that the GTA: San Andreas ratings switch may be a bellwether of changing times. Meanwhile, Atari Gets Tagged has word that Peter Vallone has his eye on Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, and the NYC Council Member is getting in on the ground floor of the next ratings controversy. On a semi-related note, Atari and Marc Ecko Announce Star-Studded Voice Talent for 'Marc Ecko's Getting Up Contents Under Pressure' has word on the game's voice talent, a diverse cast that ranges from the likes of hip-hop mogul Sean "P. Diddy" Combs to king of tanning George Hamilton. Finally, for more on the whole GTA mod controversy, Burned Over Hot Coffee Game Developers Speak Out on Gamecloud gets reactions to the game's re-rating from outspoken developers Vince Desi and Derek Smart as well as id Software's somewhat less controversial Todd Hollenshead.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2005, 15:27 SquirrelZero

I like that idea. Refuse to give Take 2 games a rating for two years.

Whoa dude. I generally agree with a lot of your points, but i can't side with you here. You know that would essentially put Take 2 out of business, and cost any of the hundreds of people that worked there their jobs, right? No retailers sell games that aren't rated anymore. Sure, one could argue that digital distribution is one route, but the majority of their sales come from consoles where digital distribution isn't an option.

Rockstar was at fault here. Punish them, although i still think that putting them out of business is too harsh. I don't think a publisher should be held responsible for hidden assets, most publishers don't ever see any of the source code to the games they put out. One could argue that perhaps publishers should review these things, but that means more money spent on costs for a title, and the only developers it would hurt are the ones with, guess what, little to no money.

Think about what that means to all the people who work at those companies. This isn't someone dumping toxic waste in your drinking water. The characters "exposed" in this hidden mod aren't real people. The impact it has on people 17 and older, for which an M rating is designed, is negligible. Punishment needs to fit the crime.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo