Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Q&As

• Juiced
    Juiced Up on Computer and Video Games talks with Don Whiteford about Juiced, and the storied track record leading up to the racing game's imminent release: "Juiced has very detailed physics and handling, but there is huge gameplay in there! Whereas simulations often just focus on driving, Juiced adds significant and ever-changing consequences to your actions. On the driving side, believability is the key word. Travelling at 100 mph through a built up area is terrifying... not at all leisurely!"
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    There are a pair of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Q&As with Bethesda Softworks conducted at E3 on Waiting for Oblivion. One talking with Ashley Cheng and the other with Gavin Carter: "You could get a drink and it'll raise your stats, not compulsory. You know, I kinda hate (compulsory eating and drinking). I don't think that's fun at all. You know, we wouldn't do that. We have like all the food - there's all kinds of different food for the NPCs to eat. They boost your fatigue. Marriage - I don't think we're gonna do marriages. I think we don't really need that stuff. I don't think and I'm not sure we really need that stuff. We really want the focus to be on the plot, fighting these demon lords, I think all that other stuff is tertiary and takes away. "
  • Tactica Online
    MMORPG.COM's Tactica Online Mini Q&A #4 asks a few more questions of Luke Caruthers of Imaginary Numbers about their upcoming MMORPG: "Originally we had a large variance in the amount of damage done by attacks, for example, but in testing we found that this detracted from the experience. This goes back to Tactica Online’s roots as a strategy game – you want your success or failure to be the result of the strategy you choose, not the result of some bad random numbers. This approach is reflected throughout the game – if your attack misses your enemy, it’s likely it was because they put some defenses in place, rather than because that they just got unlucky. If you win, it’s because you played better, not because everything just went your way today."
  • SUN
    RPG Vault's SUN Q&A talks with Webzen's In-Kyun Hong about their upcoming action-oriented MMORPG: "3D action / adventure games offer more exciting and thrilling gameplay than a typical single-player RPG, while a big appeal of MMORPGs is the community aspect and interaction with real people instead of AI-controlled objects. We've decided to take the best aspects from each genre in creating SUN. On the battlefield, you can enjoy action / adventure-style gameplay, whereas in town, you can enjoy the best aspects of MMORPGs, such as trading, guilds and social interaction among thousands of other players. With SUN, you experience the best of both genres. At the same time, the reduced complexity makes it easier for people who are new to MMORPGs to play and enjoy it."
  • Guild Wars
    The Guild Wars Fansite Friday #46 on Mesmerize (thanks Guild Wars Slovenija) offers the latest Q&A with ArenaNet about their MMORPG: "This week's update was one to which I was looking forward eagerly, because I had a sneak peek at the contents and the design team had decided on a great list of changes, updates, fixes and tweaks to the game. The reception has been remarkably positive – more so then any other update, I would say."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2005, 21:00 Squirmer

" I think all that other stuff is tertiary and takes away. "

Absolutely. This is something that Rockstar should have known when making GTA: San Andreas. They tried to cram so much extra crap in there that it got in the way of the core fun of the GTA games.

If anyone wants to see the wisdom of Bethesda's focus, play San Andreas and compare it to the earlier games in the series. More is less.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo