Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today is this 61st anniversary of the launch of the D-Day invasion in World War II.

Well, the spring-like period in our area seems to have ended, having lasted a bit longer than usual in what is basically a two-season region. It was scorching around these parts yesterday, and while most of our house is quite livable in warm conditions, thanks to high ceilings (or low floors) and ceiling fans, my office is in our finished attic, which tends to run even hotter than outside. So while it was 90 outside and 75 inside, it was probably closer to 105 up here. In spite of my best intentions, somehow over the past couple of years I have failed to replace the air conditioner up here, but now it seems more-or-less dead, rather than just under-powered, so I can't imagine making it through this summer without addressing this cooling conundrum once and for all.

R.I.P.: 'Hogan's Heroes' Actor Leon Askin Dies.

Throw another Link on the fire! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Links of the Day: Star Wars Chicks. Thanks ASLayerAODsk.
Stories of the Day: Gamereality lets you paintball remotely… in some guy’s house.
Police say granny, 80, ran prostitution ring.
'Pig-Ball' Soccer Match Staged in Russia. Spanning the globe.
Science! The machine that can copy anything.
Mission to build a simulated brain begins.
NASA's newest mission Orbiting the king of planets.
Follow-ups: World marks green day; big city mayors sign pacts.
Chappelle shows up at comedy clubs. Thanks ASLayerAODsk.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Askin Jun 6, 2005, 11:43 J/K

Sad. He was a very nice guy. met him a few times.
he wasn't in a very good physical condition for a long time now and lived a pretty reduced life.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo