Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Got out to the theater as planned yesterday. MrsBlue had expressed interest in possibly seeing Episode III with me but I ended up flying solo. The good news about my early matinee is that there was only one other attendee in the theater, the bad news is there was a series of small but noticeable yellow flecks running up the screen about a quarter of the way over from the left edge that persisted from the very beginning of the film to the final frame. I think this is enough to make me seek another theater in the future... I was going to complain, but getting a free admission seemed an odd compensation for this, as it would force me to see another movie in a theater where they might harm the experience again.

Anyway, for all its evident flaws, I thought it was most excellent fun, and a fine culmination for the series, even going so far as to ease some of the disappointment of Episode One.

Links fly when you're having fun! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast
Play Time: Hit or Stand - Blackjack Game and Trainer. Thanks Rzarector.
Links of the Day: Longmire does Romance Novels.
The Rain Lightsaber. Thanks normyk.
Stories of the Day: Woman Calls 911 With Pizza Complaint.
UK company launches in-car toilet. So much for new car smell.
Start-up promotes electric clothes, backpacks.
Science! Exposure to pesticides can cause Parkinson's.
NASA seeks oxygen source on moon.
Top 10 Ways to Destroy Earth. Can we get some music Paul?
Image of the Day: Ghost Park.
Media of the Day: Wile E. Coyote does Half-Life 2.
You Got Owned. Thanks Jim. Owie.
Lunch.
Follow-ups: French fries protester regrets war jibe.
Time running out to stop bird flu -experts.
Cost overruns put squeeze on Hubble’s successor.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

51. Re: No subject May 26, 2005, 18:22 IchibanB

I went and saw Episode 3 with some family and friends and we all loved it! Even the crying kid 3 seats down from me couldn't ruin the experience(although I was ready to strangle him). Sure the movie wasn't perfect, but the good far outweighed the bad in my opinion.

I kept hearing about how horrible the acting was in this one, but I found it far better than the last 2 movies, which I know isn't saying much. The acting didn't bother me at all, save a couple scenes, but that was mainly the crappy dialog.

All in all I think this was a realy nice wrap up to the series. Now George, go and change the Han/Greedo scene back to the way it was originally shot damnt! That scene bugs me more than any of the other changes he's done.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo