Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Tournament 2007 Announcement

Midway & Epic Games Announce Unreal Tournament 2007 is the official announcement of the upcoming shooter sequel that was already known to be in production at Epic Games. Here's the deal on the game, which is due next year, rather than it's namesake 2007:

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2005-- Midway Games Inc. (NYSE:MWY - News), a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software, today announced that the latest entry into the Unreal franchise, Unreal TournamentŪ 2007, is now in development. Like its predecessors, Unreal Tournament 2007, is being developed by North Carolina-based, Epic Games Inc. The game will be shown for the first time at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 18 - 20, in Midway's booth located at Petree Hall, room 4001.
Source: Midway Games Inc.

"Unreal Tournament 2007 is the newest addition to one of, if not the greatest multiplayer PC franchises ever created," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "UT2007 will be a major evolution for the Unreal series. Fans will be blown away by the next generation gameplay, modifiability and visuals that Epic's Unreal Engine 3 technology will bring to the franchise. Without question this will be the most visually stunning and in-depth Unreal Tournament game to-date."

"We feel confident that Unreal Tournament 2007 will deliver on Epic's promise to gamers to develop only the highest quality and most innovative titles using our cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 technology," said Mark Rein, vice president and co-founder, Epic Games. "Unreal fans should rest assured that UT2007 will indeed raise the bar for not only the UT franchise but for all FPS titles, PC or console."

The latest entry into the Unreal franchise, Unreal Tournament 2007, will blow fans away with the gameplay, modifiability and visuals that Epic's UnrealŪ Engine 3 technology will deliver. Unreal Tournament 2007 is scheduled for release in 2006 for the PC.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 18:05 4D-Boxing

Nacho,
I'm still new to FPS even though I've been playing PC games since the days of the vic20... HL2 & UT where my first FPS games & I still enjoy the twitch fest that UT2004 & 2007 bring to the table. I do understand your point, If I had been playing these types of games since doom or quake I'd be sick of it to. I find that DC & the soon to be released BF2 offer a nice break from the twitch fest. On my end, the only game that might make me consider getting a console is the boxing game that used to be known as knock out kings.. but that is a big maybe.

Now days it does not matter what platform you play on, there are plenty of good game to keep everybody happy!

I better stop typing now... drinking after work makes for bad posts I guess i'll just wait for Kobalt & his fan club to freak out over my comment!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo